Welcome to my blog

My blog features my original art work and designs. Most of the subjects are Japanese themed as well as sci fi. Hope you enjoy it.



Home

Wednesday, April 20, 2016


Trailer from Pacific Rim

This post is for those who are into sci fi and sci fi movies. I am anticipating the release of Pacific Rim 2 a film by director Guillermo del Toro. I saw the first release Pacific Rim which was released in 2013 and was pretty impressed by cinematic quality and awsome special effects. Just to refresh memories of those who saw the first release and for those unfamiliar with the film, the story revolves around a menacing race of giant beast known as Kaiju who are threatening the world, (kaiju comes from Japanese term meaning strange beast) and a some giant manned robots called Jaegers which enter into battle with the Kaiju. From my research, director Guillermo del Toro claims the filming of pacific Rim 2 has already begun after numnerous cancellations and delays and is set to be released sometime in 2017. He also mentions that the new release will have fresh content and will be a departure from the original film, this was all he revealed. The first thing I noticed while viewing the origninal film was that it had elements of a film titled Robot Jocks which played in theaters back in the 80s' featuring giant robots manned by human pilots. I am hoping that the new release Pacific Rim 2 delivers as much excitement and eye candy as the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment