Welcome to my blog

My blog features my original art work and designs. Most of the subjects are Japanese themed as well as sci fi. Hope you enjoy it.



Home

Friday, July 26, 2013

Tokyo Sky Tree
On my trip to Japan last May, I visited the Tokyo Sky Tree on the 1 year anniversary of the grand opening. I must say that it was one the most spectacular sights I have ever witnessed. The Sky Tree is a television broadcast tower which replaced the iconic Tokyo tower as the main transmitter. It broadcasts for NHK tv. The tower is reputed as the world's tallest free standing tower and is second in height only to the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. The wait for the tower took 45 minutes and it was packed on a non- holiday weekday. The elevator wisks you up to the observation deck at an impressive speed of 600 meter / min, the ride is very smooth. At the base of the tower you will find Sky Tree town which is a modern and spacious plaza with many shops and cafes linning it's perimeter. I stopped at a small desert café to have the best green tea ice cream mitsumame desert ever. The Sky Tree is conveniently located just above Oshiage train station in Sumida ward near Tokyo station.
It is a must see attraction for anyone visiting Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment