Welcome to my blog

My blog features my original art work and designs. Most of the subjects are Japanese themed as well as sci fi. Hope you enjoy it.



Home

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I recently came across a video on utube showing Hatsune Miku a female anime character. Hatsune Miku has appeared at stage performances in venues around Japan and the U.S. The character is a holographic animated image set on a stage before a live audience. Amazing effects and technology.
I feel with the advent of new technologies, almost anything is possible. All you have to do is imagine it and with the right resources, one can create it.
 In my recent visits to Japan, I've visited Akihabara, Shibuya and Shinjuku where one can get a first hand look at the quirky pop culture of Japan. Its as if all you have to do is imagine it and you will probably find it there. I went searching specifically for a shop which specializes in hobby robots in Akihabara, the electronics district. Along my journey I found myself being constantly distracted by the many shops and attractions featuring odd and weird anime products. There were young girls dressed in maid costumes scattered among throngs of passersby. While passing through a shop probably for tourists, I noticed the place was small and cramped. As space in Japan is at a premium, the shop's goods were displayed using every available space. You can experience sensory overload very quickly. If youv'e never been there, it is worth the trip, just be ready to spend and spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment